Yoga for musicians
Yoga for Musicians
In this collection of videos, Penelope demonstrates clearly how yoga principles can be applied directly to instrumental playing, and how playing can be more fluid, powerful and emotionally expressive. Yoga for Musicians is ideal for musicians of any age; from beginner to professional; Classical, jazz, folk and pop. The exercises demonstrated will be particularly beneficial to musicians suffering from injuries, tension or stress. No previous experience of yoga is required.
- Simple but effective exercises for releasing tension in the back, neck, shoulders and arms
- A study of how to use the body at an instrument; playing from the back
- Sitting and standing posture
- 20-minute daily programme of traditional yoga postures
- The Salute to the Sun sequence
- Instrumental examples
The programme has been carefully timed so that the exercises can be practised regularly whilst watching. Running time 95 minutes.